Saturday, May 19, 2007

Adventures with the PS90

During a rare idle moment at the gun store this morning, I had a chance to handle one of the Fabrique Nationale PS90 carbines we recently got in. For those unfamiliar with the PS90, it's a relatively new (introduced to the US civilian market in December 2005) carbine that fires FN's proprietary 5.7x28 cartridge.



We have a couple in the store now, one with the permanently attached MC-10-80 scope, and two of the tri-rail versions (PS90TR), which come sightless but beg for an Aimpoint or EoTech. Being a bit of an EoTech fan myself, I put an EoTech 512 (AA batteries, no nightvision capability) on it. In my humble opinion, the TR is the way to go. I honestly had a very hard time seeing the 10-80 reticle, and I like the flexibility of being able to pick my optics. It's almost as hard to see as in this picture:




Cool little gun, one of the guys at the store has one that he promises I can shoot any time. I have also been hearing rumblings that importation of the PS90 and its companion pistol, the FiveSeven, may be shut down in the not-so-distant future. Nothing like a little fear to spur some buying...

No comments: